The UniCAVE project aims to build a plugin for Unity3D that provides support for CAVE environments utilizing features built into the engine. This approach enables a user to configure their system entirely in the Unity3D editor providing a simplified method for supporting adapting existing Unity projects for distributed visualization platforms.
The concept for the plugin is to have a three step approach for integration:
This project is currently under development and is a work in progress. Please feel free to contribute to this project or read over the documentation to learn if the plugin is right for you.
- Native Unity3D time synchronization via Unity’s timeScale feature to distributed synchronization
- NetworkView RPC calls for synchronizing random seeds and dynamic objects
- VRPN Unity plugin to handle tracking systems
- In-editor preview of asymmetric view frustums
- Improved clustered input device support
- Support for additional input devices (Kinect, Leap, Oculus Touch, etc.)
- Improved “plug & play” features for clusters (reducing amount of code editing needed to adapt a scene)
Checkout the project on GitHub: